Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

I See a Generation Rising

During the last week of June and the beginning of July I served as both a bible study teacher and a family group leader for two weeks of Cross Camp. This week was extremely encouraging and uplifting to say the least. So many kids nailed down their faith after having doubts and uncertainty for so long. Due to the bravery of kids that were leaders in their youth groups examining their hearts before God,  a spark was ignited within other students which was amazing to see such a ripple affect occur. During this particular week God chose to use me to encourage and minister to both students and leaders which was very humbling. Leading 8th grade girls Bible study and Family group 12 was incredible in which some of those kids taught me more than I taught them during week one. I had the huge privilege to see students encouraging and ministering to other students at camp which was a beautiful thing to observe. They genuinely cared for each other and worked hard at getting along with everyone in family groups and so on. I saw students come together and rejoice greatly clapping and cheering each time a new salvation, call to ministry, and commitment was announced. This gives me HOPE in this generation. There are youth out there that Love the Lord and have a burning desire to please and serve Him. I was blessed to see that first hand during week one of camp. It was so good for my heart and soul. 

Not only do I feel that God has placed within me such a heavy burden for the youth of today, I also feel like He is choosing to speak through me in order to be a voice for them as well. Though there were many things that I saw from today's youth that were very encouraging...there were also things that discouraged my heart. Many of these kids felt all Alone. They felt as if there was no one they could confide in in their areas...even in their own youth groups and churches. Many kids, like me, had parents who did not go to church. They came with broken hearts that needed mended, wounds that needed healing, and baggage that needed to be dealt with. God did some Amazing things. He changed lives and brought Joy to these youth in ways that only He could. The thing that burdened me however was what are these kids going back to? Many of them truly desired to follow God with everything that they are. It breaks my heart knowing that many of them had to go back home to a place where no one was there to listen to them, disciple them, and show them love.

The youth of today need encouragement as much as, if not more than, generations of the past. They need to be fed spiritually and poured into so that they may pour out. I feel strongly that God has placed it on my heart to ask each of you to get on your knees for this generation. They need it. I've seen so much potential in today's youth to which it completely blows my mind when imagining what God can do in and through them. It breaks my heart to see many of them go home and not receive the Love, encouragement, and affirmation that they so desperately need. LOVE on these youth. PRAY for them. UPLIFT them and let them know that not only should they let anyone look down on them for their youth, but they should also be confident in the things God has called them to. I see God raising up strong warriors to build up and edify His kingdom. Because of this I feel such a strong urge, more than ever, to show love to these kids. It's exciting to see such an incredible young generation rising that is bold, brilliant, passionate, hungry, thirsty, and on fire for God! Please join with me in praying for them and so much more. 

"I see a generation Rising up to take their place with self-less faith. Self-less faith....I see a near revival stirring as we pray and seek. We're on our knees. We're on our knees...Heal my heart and make it clean. Open up my eyes to the things unseen. Show me how to Love like You have loved me. Break my heart for what breaks Yours. Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause."



No comments:

Post a Comment